NAB UPDATE - November 13, 2012
Moderator’s Musings – Nov 2012 General Council & Executive Committee Meetings
As the board gathered for our first meeting of the current triennium it was great to welcome new members to the Executive Committee (although we do lament the moving on of the others!). With a new member-at-large nominee appointed by the General Council we are now at full compliment. Here are your officers and Executive Committee members for the next 3 years: Bev Smith, Randy Jaspers, Gary Asbach and George Ridley – Members-at-Large; Jackie Loewer – Treasurer; Steve Newman – Vice Moderator; Bernie Kamutzki – Past Moderator; Bob Fast – Moderator and Rob McCleland your Executive Director and CEO.
In additional to the normal business items that required attention, a few highlights from this November meeting include:
- A report from our Executive Director confirming the relocation to Roseville is now essentially complete with the new office being finally occupied this past summer (after working out of temporary facilities for over a year!). It is a wonderful space with excellent functionality and a great boardroom.
- We have agreed as a denomination to pursue a “Missional” vision as we Impact the Next Community; Reach the Next Nation; and Equip the Next Generation. This was passionately presented at the Triennial.
- There has been lots of action around our three priorities (the Next statements noted above) and we are encouraged that there is traction and engagement being demonstrated at the local church level in many places. This seems to be gaining momentum too so PTL!
- The conference is financially strong presently as a result of good leadership and stewardship.
- As a board and as an organization, we agreed that clarity at every level is critical to the overall health of the conference and we will pursue clarity with much diligence.
It is an honor to serve God and the NAB. Your General Council and Executive Committee appreciate your prayer support as we seek God’s will for the Conference.
In His Service,