NAB UPDATE - June 20, 2013
For many, summer affords a season of outdoor refreshment and personal replenishment. God is so good to provide us times to slow our personal paces and find times truly to enjoy Him. As you think of and pray for the ministries of the North American Baptist Conference over the next weeks, here are some items to bring to mind:
- Rob McCleland and Norm Poehlke and their wives are currently traveling for ministry internationally. They are visiting and seeking God’s direction regarding NAB’s newer works in East Asia with Nick and Iris, and in the far eastern region of Russia with NAB ministry partners there. Rob and Norm will strategize regarding the direction, deepening, and potential expansion of ministry in those areas of the world.
- Tony Dunaway, NAB’s Chief Financial Officer, is on a short sabbatical away from the International Office. Having worked at the NAB International Office for nine years and spending a couple of years with NAB on our Cameroon mission field, Tony is taking time to refresh his soul and refocus his vision for ministry. The accounting and financial services of the International Office continue to function normally under the care of NAB’s Controller, Betty Buchholz.
- Shan Reed, NAB missionary to Japan, was recently at the International Office, debriefing her latest missionary experiences with Norm Poehlke, Vice Pesident of Ministry Outreach, and the NAB staff. She remains excited and encouraged about what God is doing through NAB in Japan. Shan is visiting her supporting churches in North America over the next few months while on home assignment.
- A number of NAB missionaries are still seeking additional financial support. Gord and Denise Erickson serve in Cameroon as hostel parents for missionary children attending Rain Forest International School. Kristi TenClay is a teacher and mentor for missionary children at the Rain Forest International School in Cameroon. Sarah Loane is a coordinator for Gateway Teams and helps churches engage directly with international partners. Please consider providing for the financial needs of these dedicated NAB missionaries. Go to www.nabconference.org to give.
- Planning for the 2015 Triennial Conference is already underway. Be looking for information coming your way in the next few months so you can save-the-date for this next major gathering of the NAB family.