NAB UPDATE - January 18, 2012
Dear Ministry Friends,
For years, NAB has been training church leaders in Russia. God is at work in Russia, drawing people to Himself, and has been gracious to use our efforts to bring theological and ministry education to the next generation of leaders in Russian churches in the Rostov area. With the success of that ministry, we have been asked to transition our leadership development efforts to another area of Russia. With nine time zones—Russia recently merged time zones from eleven to nine—moving to another ministry area in Russia is almost like moving to another nation. This is exciting ministry. NAB is grateful to God for new open doors and wanted to let you know about these changes so you can pray passionately for our new opportunities.
Here is some information you will want to know:
- Our work in Russia is strong and growing as a result of our partnership with Moscow Theological Seminary. Apart from their site in Moscow, the seminary has nine sites across the 9 time zones of Russia. We will now have availability to send professors to those sites.
- The Bible School model we have used in Rostov is now complete, based on them becoming a host site with Moscow Theological Seminary. We have blessed the leaders there with a building which will continue to serve that region as a central office, training center and church. We still send professors to this site based on their request to meet their new curriculum needs.
- The primary base of NAB work is now based in Eastern Russia in the city of Khabarovsk, the site that needs the most help.
- We are partnering with Moscow Theological Seminary to create a new model of seminary education for remote locations
- With the resignation of Daryl Martin as the coordinator of NAB’s Russia ministries last fall, Dr. McCleland, who was working with Daryl Martin for the past three years, is continuing to lead the Russia ministry on behalf of NAB.
- EQUIP training is being offered in tandem with the seminary courses in Khabarovsk, and a second Equip training has also begun in Vladivostok (about 400 miles south of Khabarovsk)
- We have two professors going over to teach in the coming months in cities that are 5 time zones apart (Rostov and Khabarovsk). Please watch for the February Newsletter with additional updates and opportunities.
Please pray for our ministry to Russia. If you would like more information on teaching in Russia or financially supporting the work there, please contact us a email@example.com.
Seeking His glory around the world,
Vice President of Ministry Outreach