ASSOCIATE PASTOR FOR YOUTH AND FAMILIES - OAK STREET BAPTIST CHURCH
The Associate Pastor for Youth and Families will be dedicated to growing young Christians (children/youth) and strengthening the entire family unit (churched and unchurched). Family ministry means equipping parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family (Deut 6:1-9) and to create environments where children, youth and parents become thirsty for God (Matt 5:6).
The Associate Pastor for Youth and Families will possess the spiritual gifts of evangelism, leadership, teaching and administration; will be responsible for, lead, and participate in the activities of the Jr. Hi-Senior Hi youth, and will be actively involved with the concerns and support of families. These responsibilities would be approximately 1/3 youth and 2/3 family.
- Experience as a pastor or director of student, children or family ministries and/or Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry with experience in ministry in one of the three areas listed above.
- Living a lifestyle that is consistent with the tenets of scripture for Christian leaders (I Timothy) and that has a passion for reaching and equipping God’s people to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.
- Track record in which you led or were a part of a team that created and launched new outreach ministries and/or built/equipped others in reaching the lost for Jesus Christ.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, aptitude and experience in teaching.
- Familiar with computers, internet capabilities, Microsoft suite etc.
- Ability to research the community, utilize demographics etc to reach the lost.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
See attached for more information
Attn. Gary Karas
1303 Oak Street
Burlington, IA 52601