Pastor of Family Ministries
Summary of Position
The Pastor of Family Ministries is the champion for the multiple generations of the church body and will oversee the ministry programming and relational atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is a family of families working together to reach out and make disciples of the next generation.
Scope of Position
The primary focus of this position is our youngest generations (children, youth and young adults) who are at the beginning stages of spiritual development and experience in the Christian life. Next, the focus of this position is on the parents of children and youth who are in the greatest position to inﬂuence their children. Third, the focus of this position is on mature adults who have an important role in the discipleship and mentoring of parents and young people, alike.
Education Requirements & Experience
It is preferable that this person possess a minimum of a B.A. in Christian Education or Bible School degree equivalent with 5 years of ministry experience in this area or a related field of ministry.
- Has a growing relationship with God and professes Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
- Be thoroughly evangelical in faith, doctrine and practice as outlined in the Temple Baptist Church Statement of Faith and in agreement with the N.A.B. Conference.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in personal relationships.
- Be a disciple maker to leadership core in children and family ministries.
- Personal character, lifestyle and family life that is acceptable in accordance with 1 Timothy 3.
- Spiritual giftedness in the areas of teaching and mercy and has refined the skills of supervision, delegation and working with volunteers.
- A personality of leadership, flexibility, cooperation and servanthood, being self-motivated and willing to work with a wide range of Christian ministries.
For more details and to apply, see the attachments below.
Temple Baptist Church
Attn. Steve Opp
801 S. Lower Sacramento Rd.
Lodi, CA 95242