Job Vision:The senior pastor is responsible to engage a missional focus on evangelism and discipleship. This person must be actively growing in love for God, other believers and unbelievers, as well as have the gifting and passion to lead others toward the same with a humble, servant-hearted confidence.
Key areas of Responsibility: • Preaching/ teaching. To faithfully communicate the truth of God’s Word through Bible-based preaching.• Pastoral care and visitation. To be a true pastor to the people by being available and byvisiting those who are in need, within and outside the church.• Discipleship. To take a key role with developing and leading in the area of discipling people into leadership.• Leadership. To build relationships while walking sensitively through prayerful, strategic questions and decision-making with the leadership team.• Evangelism. To reveal God’s good news, both practically and verbally, to people of all cultures inside and beyond the church community.
Other Expectations: • To consistently pursue and build relationships inside and outside the congregation.• To work closely with church leaders to build a strong leadership team.
• To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• To be loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble and approachable.
• To be willing to affirm to Bethel Baptist’s statement of beliefs.
• To have the qualities of an elder as described in I Timothy 3.
• To be a gifted leader with the ability and passion to love, care and disciple others.
• To be a team player and have the ability to work well with others.
• To hold (minimally) a Bachelor’s degree from a respected Bible College or Seminary.
• To have had active leadership involvement in a church or other Christian ministry.
Bethel Baptist Church
P.O. Box 387
High Prairie, AB, T0G 1E0