The Senior Pastor of Pineland Baptist Church will fulfill the following duties in partnership with, and being responsible to, the Board of Elders. In addition to following the directives below, he shall maintain a Godly lifestyle, setting an example in all things both in faith and in life (1 Timothy 4:11-16). He shall lead his family diligently, seeking to first shepherd them spiritually before shepherding the church family. He shall guard his heart, continuing to read, study, and obey the Scriptures as he grows in his understanding of them, and he shall teach and defend Biblical doctrine consistently. He shall continue to develop as a man of prayer.
Preaching and Teaching
- Be the primary preacher in Sunday services giving due time, thought, prayer, and study to the Word of God in preparation for the messages
- Schedule service themes throughout the year working with the Music Director to shape the services
- Schedule other Pastoral staff for occasional preaching and guest preachers as required
- Oversee the teaching of God’s Word in the church programs and studies, participating as appropriate, with the various study groups, classes, and age groups
- Oversee the ministry of the Pastoral staff of Pineland Baptist Church, meeting with them regularly for calendar co-ordination, planning of services and church events, assignments and accountability
- Oversee the office staff
- Work with the Pastors and Elders in the oversight of the church ministries
- Oversee the recruitment and training of future leaders
- Give leadership in the search for and hiring of additional staff as required
- Give oversight to the ordinances of baptism and communion services
- Oversee and participate in the visitation of the church members, visitors to the church services, the sick, the shut-ins, and others in the community as opportunities arise
- Pray for the church family and ministries, as well as those we are trying to reach
- Lead the church family in times of prayer and in teaching them the priority and practice of prayer
- Provide or refer spiritual counsel to those in need of direction and assistance
Church Profile 5
- Provide support for the grieving including the leading of funeral services and ministries
- Provide marriage preparation and wedding services for church members and others in keeping with our stated policies
- Support and participate in the ministries of our North American Baptist Conference and its Eastern Association
- Involve the church family in these NAB and EA ministries whenever possible and practical
- Participate in (and involve the church family in) the ministry of the Burlington Pastors Network as deemed appropriate
- Continue to engage in personal growth in both spiritual and professional development
- Undertake other duties that arise in co-operation with the Board of Elders
- Be sure that the general direction and tone of our ministry is in keeping with our stated purpose and goals and set the ministry direction with the Elders and other Pastors on staff, while protecting the purity of the church both in its teaching and in the lifestyle of its members
Possesses a bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an institution recognized by the Board of Elders at Pineland Baptist Church and North American Baptist Conference for its biblical teaching and its stance on social issues as taught by the Word of God.
Preferred major – Biblical Studies, Pastoral Studies, or an equivalent.
Previous pastoral experience required.
See attachment for further details.
Deadline for submissions – May 31, 2015
Pineland Baptist Church
5100 New St.
Burlington, ON L7L 1V1