Qualifications & Experience
The following are the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the duties of
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to grow as a follower, and evidence of a
growing relationship with God
• Sense of calling to work in a camping ministry
• Accept, without reservation, the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Belief
• A Bachelor Degree in a related field is considered an asset, but commensurate experience
will be considered
• Demonstrated experience in leadership, management, and financial responsibility in
progressively senior roles preferably in a camp environment
• Decisive leadership skills—a good listener, ability to inspire, empower and motivate a team
• Strong oral and written English communication skills and competent relational skills
• Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); knowledge and experience
with Simply Accounting.
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Able to multi-task—hands-on, readily capable of switching between being a business
professional and being responsive to immediate operational needs
• Flexibility and willingness to work irregular and extended hours as required
Note: Work week hours will vary based on the time of year. The Executive Director will often
work evenings and weekends to accommodate activities such as seasonal schedules, board
meetings, and representing the organization at public events.
• During the summer camp season, (late June to September) the ED may be expected to work
six days a week, with one mid-week day of rest.
• Ability to travel to represent and promote Camp Caroline within the Alberta Baptist
Association, as well as other churches.